Thursday, May 13, 2010

ONE AMAZING THING

I changed my clothes thrice and checked myself in the mirror a hundred times. All this to meet someone over coffee. Hadn’t done that in ages and was actually amused. Probably the last time I did actually do that was years ago for a coffee with the same man!
We had been on and off for the longest time, till I called it off and moved on. Another city, another country and finally another man... Now that I was back home for good, someone mentioned him and I was curious. Thought it was ok to meet up again once...for old times’ sake.
I thought I had reached early but the truth is I didn’t recognise him. He had aged so much. Some stilted polite conversation. His same brusque manner getting under my skin.
The one amazing thing is that I could cut my losses and move again!

No comments: